Get Into The Habit Of Losing Weight Tips
There’s no doubt about it losing weight is hard. Will exercise work, or should you change your eating? What about your hormones? They all matter and how do you know what advice to listen to. Our entire health is related to our weight too. If you’re over weight you have a higher risk of joint pain, heart attack, even memory loss. Weight loss over 50 gets harder still.
Breaking Old Patterns To Shed Unwanted Pounds
All three things play a role for women over 50. Maybe you’re only 45 it still matters. How to lose weight over 50 applies to anyone who knows their hormones play a role. These 5 steps will help you start losing without feeling overwhelmed.
Losing Weight 5 Tips
- Begin charting your habits and weight. Don’t go crazy. I did, and it doesn’t help. Remember this power quote. “THE BEST PROJECT YOU’LL EVER WORK ON IS YOU.” Have you ever chosen to remodel a room in your home or paint it? Likely you took a look at the furnishings first and got an idea of what to keep and get rid of in the room. Maybe you made a list too.By doing a chart – start today of habits like sleep, worry, stress, and your weight you can see how your mood and sleep affect your weight.
You can get my 2-week Top 13 Habits That Can Guarantee You Health It’ll help you track habits and mood. By doing this, it helps you see what lifestyle changes or habits may be standing in the road of you losing weight. Why you want this form: it will help you change habits that are stopping you from losing weight.
2. “Change Your Mind, Change Your Body.” Our minds are powerful. They talk us into that extra slice of mouth-watering fresh baked bread. It also is so amazing it can tell you that not going to the gym today is okay because you ate good yesterday. Did you forget about the bread?Put your goals on your calendar and don’t listen to that voice in your head.
Instead, listen to the other voice in your heart.
The one that you are designing by changing your mind. Numerous books, studies, and research show that when you go on a diet, your mind will rebel.So what do we do? Joe Dispenza, a leader author, and researcher believes we can rewire our brain through using our thinking to vision a different outcome. Your mind right now sees you fat. According to Dr. Dispenza, you can rewire your brain. I’ve tried it, and it does work. This isn’t positive thought. His book, Breaking The Habit Of Being Yourself gives you the research and the steps to learning to rewire your thinking for a healthier, lighter you.
3. The food and what you eat does matter. When it comes to what we put in our bodies, it best to have it be as close to natural as possible. For most people eating Paleo not only helps them lose weight, but it also improves their health.The definitive book on everything Paleo is Paleo Principles.
4. “Fitness is like marriage, you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.” Bonnie Pfiester. This quote gets me out of bed on those cold mornings. It keeps us honest with We have a relationship with our body, and when we ignore it, we are cheating ourselves. When we make a choice to stay in bed or not go on that ‘walk’ we promised – we’re cheating our fitness promise to ourselves.
I had a patient with a broken back. Her goal to walk again began with walking out her front door to the street in front of her home a mere 25 steps.
5. Be okay with step backs – but not give up. Anything worth having has successes and failures mixed in to create an interesting journey. For most of us, we have a family story of someone making their way across the ocean or land to a new land. For me, it was family from Europe to America.It may be a parent, grandparent or even several generations ago. Perhaps it’s you. There were times it felt like a failure. Trouble getting paperwork, no room on the ship or plane, so you wait for another time. Did that person in your history give up? Did they say no it’s too hard?Losing weight is kind of a journey too. I’ve had personal times that losing five pounds might as well have been twenty. Turned out my hormones were involved. Did I give up? No, and you shouldn’t either.
Sometimes the answer is working with an online health coach. Let’s chat – visit my calendar and speak with me personally about your goals.
Losing weight of any kind is hard. This overview sets the stage for your success. You have to be willing to commit to it. To lose weight over 50 you have to commit. Your intention is a new body from the inside out. Say to yourself, “I’m Not Losing Weight. I’m Getting Rid Of It. I Have No Intentions Of Finding It Again.”
Photo by Jennifer Burk, sydney Rae, Lauren Lester, Ursula Spaulding on Unsplash